Grant Cycle Two Now Open – LOIs Due December 15, 2021
The TANGO2 Research Foundation welcomes Researchers to submit a letter of Intent (LOI) for Grant Cycle Two, opening on October 1, 2021. The purpose of these grants is to advance the understanding of disease mechanism and treatment of TANGO2 disorder.
- Single-institution (single or multi-PI) – Award amount up to $25,000 for one year of total direct costs
- Multi-institutional (multi-PI) – Joint proposals within and outside the US are encouraged. Award amount up to $50,000 for one year of total direct costs for such collaborative applications.
Eligibility: Faculty members from academic institutions worldwide are eligible to apply.
Letter of intent requirements: Please submit a 2-page letter of intent by Wednesday, December 15, 2021. The LOI should include:
- Title of the proposed research
- Name(s) of the participating institutions
- Names, titles, and address of the Principal Investigator(s)
- Lay Summary for parent stakeholders
- Provide a summary of your research project. Please present specific research objectives, concise methodology, and expected outcomes. Include evidence of your prior work in relevance to the proposal. Please specify if human subjects will be involved in the study and if approval for the study is in place through the institutional review board.
- Provide the estimated budget for the proposed work.
A biographical sketch of the Principal Investigator(s) is also required, preferably in the NIH format. The LOI, along with the biographical sketches should be submitted in a single pdf document to the TANGO2 Research foundation to email@example.com.
The TANGO2 Research foundation strongly advocates patient-centered research. The LOIs submitted will be reviewed by both professional and parent stakeholders. The following are some of the research priorities identified by the families:
- Managing and understanding the life-threatening symptoms of TANGO2
- Finding ways to avoid metabolic crises and rhabdomyolysis
- Improving quality of life and independence of children and preventing loss of function
- Studying cellular response to medications.
- Call for Letter of Intent Opens: October 1, 2021
- Letter of Intent submission Deadline: December 15, 2021
- Notification to submit full proposal: By early January 2022
- Deadline for submitting full proposals: February 28, 2022
- Award approval announcement: Early/Mid April 2022
- Project start: April/May 2022
- Grantee is required to provide a status update to the TANGO2 Research Foundation Research Committee on a periodic basis.
- As requested by the TANGO2 Research Foundation Research Committee, the grantee agrees to share findings with other TANGO2 Research Foundation grantees.
Grant proposals may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
TANGO2 Research Foundation
Research / Grant Proposals
c/o Mike Morris
300 Plaza Middlesex
Middletown, CT 06457